Website testing is the process of evaluating end-user scenarios on a website to see how it behaves. QAs employ an automation framework to script these end-user scenarios, which simulate user interactions on a website’s UI. In this blog, we will look at What are the Best Ways to Test a Website. To know more about Software Testing, You can go for a Software Testing Course in Chennai and build a robust skill-set working with the most powerful tools and technologies to boost your skills.
Why is Website QA Testing important?
With people’s attention spans decreasing, a single site irregularity in the user journey may result in a user bouncing or loss of potential money. As a result, extensive website quality assurance testing should be required for all online businesses.
Types of Website Testing
This form of testing focuses on ensuring that all of the website’s features and functionalities are functioning properly.
The internal structure of a application/website is tested in White Box Testing. The following techniques are included in this test:
The name says itself. This testing comprises the following configuration:
- The operating system that was utilized (Windows, Linux, or Mac)
- ISP (Internet Service Provider)
- Browsers utilized (Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer)
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) established website standards and guidelines. Tim Berners-Lee established the W3C. These recommendations were issued to facilitate web access. To make the website easy to use, designers should consider user features such as understandability and operability.
The primary focus of Performance Testing is on testing the website’s timely response time, which also covers the loading time of the web page.
Procedure for developing performance test cases:
- Finding software processes.
- Identifying the critical input factors that determine software process performance.
- Create usage scenarios by determining realistic values for parameters based on previous use.
- If no previous data is available, utilize estimations based on specifications or an older version.
The web traffic loads must be determined using the present traffic levels while assessing scalability. Scalability refers to a web application’s ability to support several concurrent users and transactions. At the same time, response times should be maintained, and the website’s traffic load should be determined. FITA Academy’s Software Testing Online Course will help you learn effectively and get a clear understanding of the concepts and curriculum.
It is critical to deliver safe, encrypted information and to validate user identities. Other sensitive information, such as account and credit/debit card information, should be kept safe from hackers. Security testing test scenarios include:
- Developers should utilize the POST command instead of the GET command. The GET command is seen as less safe.
- Unauthorized users should be denied access to log files and directories containing website data.
- The information in cookies should be encoded. It is a text file that contains information on the user’s identity.
- Auto-fill options on the website should be disabled so that new users do not have access to previous users’ information.
In this Black Box Testing, the functionality of a application/website is tested. The following items are covered by the functional test case:
- To obtain access to sensitive information, the user must first log in.
- Form fields should be limited in length.
- Required fields should be included on the form to ensure that the user fills it out completely.
- When a user submits a form with a missing necessary field, an error message shows.
- In the case of secure transactions, the auto-fill option on the webpage is disabled.
- Test cases are intended to ensure that the information given by the user is correctly submitted to the database. This will also ensure that module calls are made correctly.
Finally, you enjoyed this blog and now understand everything about Software Testing, including What are the Best Ways to Test a Website. Software Training Institute In Chennai will help you grasp the SEO concepts and learn real time applications with case studies and hands-on exercises.
Also check: Software Testing Interview Questions and Answers